BDS’s Solar Powered Control Unit with solar panel. The SPCU (Solar Powered Control Unit) supplies power to the LED lights in the windsock frame.
The SPCU includes a 20 watt solar panel, a sunlight controller, and a 12 volt battery. The battery is charged during the hours of sun light. The controller is set for Dusk to Dawn operation (ON at sunset and OFF at sunrise). Other settings can be field set. The controller and battery are housed in a weather-proof enclosure and therefore can be installed outdoors.
Model 740SPCU only supplies power to the windsock LED frame light. An optional solar powered top beacon is available (see Model 740SPLWF-CTB).
- Solar panel 20 watt.
- Field adjustable tilt (0 to 90 degrees) horizontal rotation.
- Solar panel mounting kit furnished with stainless steel straps for mounting to windsock support pipe supplied by others.
- Wiring between control unit and solar panel included.
- Solar light controller controls when power is supplied to the light.
- Standard factory lighting control setting: ON at sunset and OFF at sunrise (Dusk to Dawn operation).
- Battery 12 volt, 12 Ah sealed rechargeable lead-acid.
- Battery charging depends on the number of hours the solar panel is exposed to sun light, the installation location, and local weather conditions.
- Enclosure mounting hardware, for installation on a flat surface.
- Enclosure fiberglass with hinged cover NEMA 4X, suitable for outdoor installations.
- Dimensions: (Solar Panel) 21 x 17 x 4 inches (53.34 x 43.18 x 10.36 cm), Weight: 10 pounds (4.54kg).
- Dimensions: (Control Unit) 13 x 9 x 6.5 inches (33.02 x 22.86 x 16.51 cm), Weight 15 pounds (6.8kg).
- Specifications subject to change without notice.