BDS’s internally lighted windsock frame with 120 volt light assembly and one 120 volt LED light bulb. This model has no photo control unit but a 120 volt FAA approved steady burn red LED top beacon/obstruction light.
The frame is an electro-mechanical assembly with an outer ring for mounting the windsock. A 4 inch square tubing assembly houses the electronics and is used for mounting the LED light assembly. Delrin type bearing hubs permit the frame to rotate 360 degrees as wind direction changes. Electronics inside the tubing assembly transfers power to the windsock light assembly.
Our 751 Series systems have one 120 volt LED light bulb whereas our 752 Series systems have two 120 volt LED light bulbs. The light assembly/bulb is ON whenever power is supplied from a power source.
Model 751LWF-DFAA can be supplied with an optional photo control unit for ON at sunset and OFF at sunrise (Dusk to Dawn operation) (see Model 751LWF-PCDFAA).
Our standard windsock frame is 18” in diameter. 24” and 36” diameter frames are available on special order.
- Ditto Model 751LWF except with a 120 volt FAA approved steady burn red LED top beacon/obstruction light. Top beacon/obstruction light is installed on mounting pipe above windsock frame.
- Frame assembly – 18″ standard diameter (24″ and 36″ frames available on special order).
- Light output 15 watt (90 watt incandescent), one 120VAC PAR 38 LED light bulb.
- Special electronics are mounted inside the frames tubing assembly to transfer power to the lights.
- Heavy duty construction – 4 inch square vinyl tubing with Delrin type bearing end hubs, and 304 welded stainless steel. Top rain cap.
- Windsock mounting ring offset from main tubing assembly by approximately 11 inches (front to back).
- Windsock light assembly mounts on center tubing assembly and does not restrict air flow.
- Ten (10) feet of interconnection wiring is supplied from windsock lights for connection to power source.
- A 1” NPT connection is on the bottom of frame assembly for connection to 1” or larger support pipe supplied by others.
- A ¾” NPT connection is on the top of frame assembly for installing the top beacon/obstruction light.
- Frame Weight: 8.5 pounds (3.86kg). Overall dimensions: 19.75 x 18.25 x 13.25 inches.
- Optional Photo Control Unit automatically turns the lights ON at sunset and OFF at sunrise (Dusk to Dawn operation). Plastic 2 gang box suitable for installation in wet locations(NEMA 3R Compliant) with terminal strips for connecting wires.
- Optional Photo Control Unit: 1 pound (0.4536kg). Overall Dimensions: 5.63 x 5.0 x 2.5 inches.
- Specifications subject to change without notice.